Where my party people at?!?!
PARTY PEOPLE IN DA HOUSE!!!!
That’s how these tacos make me feel. Like a real life party person.
Really, all tacos make me feel like a party person. Like a big ol’ party piñata filled with chicken and tortillas and queso and salsa and tequila and antacids.
Hey. That’s not a bad product idea. Piñatas you buy pre-filled with fiesta necessities?!? That is DEFINITELY something I would shell out $40 bucks for.
Can you imagine?! Taco Tuesday would never be the same!
VIVA LA MEXICO! VIVA LA TACOS!
So, these tacos couldn’t be any easier or any more exciting for your tastebuds. And that’s really why I’m here. To get in good with your tastebuds.
If I happen to weasel my way into your hearts, well that’s just a big ol’ bonus.
You don’t have to say anything. The feeling is mutual. =)
Speaking of love, these bad boys were totally inspired by Jessica over at How Sweet Eats. She has a forever spot on my Top 10 Food Bloggers list and I’m inspired by her on the reg. Was actually even thinking about asking her to be my GalPal Valentine but I should probably at least wait until February hits.
Juicy, spicy chicken. Sweet and crunchy salsa. Cool and creamy dip.
FULL HEARTS, CANT LOSE!
BTW, these took me all of 30 minutes to make.
Well, technically the crockpot cooked the chicken for me which was nice since she usually sits around on her lazy butt all day.
Threw the chicken in. Diced up the salsa. Stirred up the dip. BOOM! FLAVOR TOWN!
I almost hate that it was so easy because Lord know this gal loves making things harder than they need to be about 88% of the time.
Hope y’all will give these a twirl for your next fiesta! And let me know if I have any investors out there interested in the “Taco Party Piñata” idea. We can go splitsies.
PINEAPPLE CHILI CHICKEN TACOS + PINEAPPLE SALSA + GARLIC HERD DIP
Serves 4-6. Inspired by this recipe.
- 1 lb. boneless/skinless chicken breasts (or chicken thighs if that’s your jam)
- 1 10 oz. can of pineapple tidbits* (in their own juice)
- 2 TBS Chili Garlic Paste (I used this one, found in ethnic food aisle in most grocery stores)
- 1 recipe of homemade taco seasoning or 1 packet of store bought taco seasoning
- crumbled feta, for serving
- chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
Garlic Herb Dip:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 TBS of chopped green onions
- 4 TBS of chopped cilantro
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups of fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and diced (can substitute jalapeño)
- 1/4 cup of red onion, diced
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- Chicken: Place chicken breasts in slow cooker/crock pot and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5. Remove from pot and shred. Add chicken back to pot and stir to mix in juices.
- Dip: Mix ingredients together. Flavor gets better if you let it sit and meld for a little while.
- Salsa: Mix ingredients together.
- Serve chicken with tortillas, dip and salsa. Margaritas optional! Eat and ENJOY!
Chicken will keep up to four days covered in refrigerator.
*If you would rather use fresh ingredients instead of canned pineapple, I would try 1.5 cups of fresh pineapple and 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple juice.
Recipe is easily doubled!