Still dark outside.
Approximately 15 minutes to do (what feels like) the impossible: Get up. Put on some spandex. Get to the gym. Bust out 493,854,095 burpees. Not pass out/vomit/die.
We all know that after the 493,854,095 burpees, we feel amazing. We are all shiny and happy and we have no idea how we ever doubted that working out at the buttcrack of dawn was the best idea EVER!
But getting my butt IN the actual gym? Not an easy feat, 50% of the time.
I know the fitness gurus say that working out on an empty stomach first thing in the morning is the best way to achieve weight loss. And that’s a lovely suggestion.
But this girl? Nahhh.
She’s gotta eat something or she won’t be worried about weight loss. She’ll be worried about dropping the kettle bell on Buff Brad’s toes as she passes out from a severe drop in blood sugar.
Enter my tiny, delicious knights in shining armor: Monkey Bites!
4 ingredients and you’re on your way to happy, healthy snack town.
Well, 5 if you count the coconut oil.
I’ve been using both these products for the last few months and I’m in love. I keep the Pecan Cherry Cinnamon and Pumpkin Seed Apple Vanilla Bean Frontier Bites in my office snack drawer and my gym bag so the hangry feelings don’t take over at inappropriate times. Plus, they are made with only 8 ingredients, zero refined sugar and one serving is 110 calories or less. #winningsnacktime
I make a big ole batch on Sunday nights, pop a few for dessert for good measure, and I’m set for the week. I store them in individual baggies, with 4-5 bites per bag, in the freezer. They give me just the right amount of fuel to make it through mornings of hell box jumps and kettle bell swings.
Obviously, they are also great right after a workout, for dessert, or snack time, in general. I think little kiddos would really love these, especially as the temps start warming up.
If you’re trying to power through your early morning workouts or just looking for a delicious sweet and salty snack, give these chocolatey banana bites a try.
GO GET’EM TIGER!!!
CHOCOLATE + PEANUT BUTTER MONKEY BITES
Makes approximately 18 bites.
- 2-3 ripe bananas, cut into 1/2 – 1 inch slices
- 6 TBS of dark chocolate chips
- 2 TBS of Nut Butter Nation Honey Vanilla peanut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or canola oil)
- Crushed Frontier Bites in your flavor choice, crushed
- Freeze banana slices for 20-30 minutes on parchment or foil covered baking sheet.
- Mix chips, peanut butter and oil in microwavable bowl and heat until melted and smooth. Dip frozen bananas into chocolate, using forks or toothpicks, if necessary. While still warm, top with crushed Frontier Bites pieces.
- Store, covered, in freezer.
- Eat and ENJOY!