That’s what this post should really be titled. Berries, Brie and Bubbles.
The love trifecta!
I won’t keep you long today. I know you need to run out to buy chocolates or bottles of champagne. Or maybe you need to shave your legs for that Bumble date gone serious.
You must be shocked to see another cheese/appetizer recipe up in here. And by shocked, I mean you’re probably thinking the level of dairy I ingest is not humanly possible.
But here I am; loud and proud and full of milk products.
Look at the ooey gooey stream (river?) of cheesy deliciousness! SWOON!!
If you’re still looking for the perfect appetizer for your Valentines/Galentines, look no further. This. is. IT.
Delicious gooey brie baked up in a crisp, flaky pastry shell. Sweet, juicy berries.
Beautiful (RED!!) presentation.
Plus, strawberries are basically tiny fruit hearts created by mama nature and they add a wildly “health-esque” quality to this dish. Right?
Happy day of love, my darlings! I hope this Valentine’s Day, just like every day, is whatever you want it to be. =)
BERRIES AND BRIE
- 1 wheel of brie, top rind removed (I used Alouette 17.6 ounce Brie, from Costco)*
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed (follow thawing directions on package)
- 3 cups of sliced strawberries
- 3 TBS of sugar
- egg wash, optional
- crackers and/or crostini
- Berries: 30-45 minutes before ready to serve, toss berries with sugar and stir. Let sit, stirring occasionally.
- Brie: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap brie in puf pastry, bringing corners to meet in center of brie. If using egg wash, brush pastry with it. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.
- Place brie on serving dish and top with berries. Serve with assorted crackers and/or crostini.
- Eat and ENJOY!
*This is a LARGER wheel of brie but you can easily sub in a smaller size, such as 8 ounce. You won’t need to use all the puff pastry and can scale the berries back to 1/2 (1.5 cups of berries and 2 TBS of sugar).